When you first connect to Teams using a web-browser you are asked if your browser can use your camera and microphone.
If your webcam or microphone is blocked or disabled by your web browser, you will need to enable those tools in order to use Teams Meetings. This guide will detail how to enable these tools in your web browser.
How to Enable the Microphone and Camera in Google Chrome
- To change your browser settings, go to the address bar and click on the lock icon to the left of the website address. This lock icon indicates that information is transferred using a secure server connection.
- Camera: Click on the dialog box and choose Allow or Ask
- Microphone: Click on the dialog box and choose Allow or Ask
- When finished, click the X in the upper right corner to close the dialog box.
Reload to Update Settings
After updating the settings, click the Reload button to reload the page and apply the changes. You should now be able to access your session and use your microphone and camera.
How to Enable the Microphone and Camera in Firefox
A popup similar to the screen above will appear on screen. Select which camera and microphone you wish to use and click Allow and reload the page to access the content.
- If the camera and microphone have been blocked, click on the lock icon to the left of the address bar.
- Use the microphone: Click the X icon to unblock the microphone
- Use the camera: Click the X icon to unblock the camera
Once you do this, reload the page, and the web browser will ask you again if you want to allow these tools.