It is important to take care of your laptop to keep it in good shape. These are the basics….
- Keep liquids away – accidents happen too easily. Keep drinks and water bottles away from your laptop. If in your bag, your laptop should be kept separate from any drink bottles.
- Keep food away from your laptop – Do not eat over your laptop – food and crumbs can get into the keys in the keyboard.
- Clean your hands – A dirty keyboard can cause scratches on the LCD screen when the lid is closed
- Keep your software up-to-date – Many issues with laptops can be prevented or resolved if your laptop software is kept up to date
- Be careful when closing the lid – Make sure there are no small items on the keyboard when you shut the lid.
- Hold and lift the computer by its base (bot by its LCD display) – If you lift by the screen, you can damage the hinges or scratch or crack your screen
- Do not pull on the power cord – Unplug from your computer and wall sockets carefully
- Avoid theft – Keep your laptop with you. Do not leave your laptop in unlocked rooms or visible in cars – do not invite theft
- Avoid high temperatures – Do not leave your laptop in the sun
Dell produce a comprehensive set of care instructions: https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-nz/sln119326/laptop-care-guide?lang=en