Mainly for Teachers - but the practices do apply for students.
If you wish to collect files using an upload, there are a number of ways:
Associated with Schoolbox and Teams (size limited)
- Schoolbox submissions (max 50MB)
- Teams Assignments (max 50Mb)
- This can be created in a team allowing regular submission of very large files for your class. (See Mr Saul if you want to consider this)
Uploading large files
- Students or Staff - Microsoft Forms
- Anyone - OneDrive Request Files
Microsoft Forms - File Upload for Students or Staff
1.Create a form
2. Add an File Upload Field
3.You will be informed that:
4. You can specify the number of files and the single file size limit - up to 1GB
5. When the respondent completes the form they will see:
Files are uploaded to your OneDrive > Apps > Microsoft Forms >.... The submitters name will be appended to the file uploaded
OneDrive Request Files - Anonymous Uploads
1. Open Onedrive on the web
2. Create a folder to hold your uploaded files
3. Click on the ellipses next to the Folder and choose Request Files
4. Enter a message that will appear for the people you will share the link with
5. You will be provided with a link that your uploaders can use.
6. You will be notified when someone uploads a file.
7. Users will be prompted for their name
How large can the file upload be?
- Microsoft say that the upload limit for onedrive is now 250GB!